PLG consultants is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
PLG Consultants may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 02/01/2018.
WHO WE ARE
PLG Consultants (registered in England with company number 08046920 and at registered address Thorne Lancaster Parker, Venture House, 4th Floor, 27/29 Glasshouse Street, London, W1B 5DF).
Our nominated representative for the purpose of data protection is Glenn Hotchin who can be contacted at either:
1 Devon Square, Newton Abbot, TQ12 2HN
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide to us including name, email address, telephone number, address and financial and credit card information
To the extent that any information collected about you constitutes personal data under applicable data protection laws, we will process this in accordance with such laws.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We are the leading disability property finders and specialise in offering the most comprehensive property finding, architectural services, rental and purchase solutions, management and support. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, goods and services that you requested from us.
- To provide you with information about other products or services we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous matter we have carried out for you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact our nominated representative.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please contact our nominated representative.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers, including Google Analytics, that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If PLG Consultants or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will keep your personal information for 5 years
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting our nominated representative.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to so by law.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
WHERE WE WILL STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination inside or outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating inside or outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support or hosting services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and/or processing. We will take such steps as we consider reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers using SLL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, wewill use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. You are responsible for keeping your account details confidential.
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please:
- email, call or write to our nominated representative using the details above;
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting our nominated representative.
If we no longer have a legal basis to process your personal data or if the legal basis that we are relying on is consent and you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will stop processing your personal data. If you inform us that you no longer wish to be contacted by us we will need to maintain a record of that to make sure that we do not contact you again in the future.
You have the right to contact us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data. Under certain circumstances you may have the right to instruct us to erase your personal data or provide the data to another organisation.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to our nominated representative.
Please contact us if you have any concerns with the way in which your data is processed. If you are not happy with the way we process your data you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner.
Images used on this site are for the use, and are property, of PLG Consultants and must not be taken or used without the express permission of the owners.